Monday, October 19, 2009

Rock n Run 5K - Oak Ridge Park - Clark, NJ

I know you probably look at that photo on my profile or some of the photos of me filling up this blog and you must think, how does one man stay so sexy everywhere he goes?

Do you know how hard it is too look dead-sexy all the time?!
Clearly, for #306, it ain't easy.


That is one drenched, grumpy looking Kyle with CP. Some may say I always look grumpy. Unfortunately for them, I am the one with the blog and I get to post stupid pictures of them.

Who's grumpy now, biatch?

Clearly, it's still me. I may also be a little bit of jerk. Maybe it is more than a little bit. Then again, I have a feeling CP took this blurry picture and provided me with fodder to start what will hopefully escalate into something hilarious. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a running joke.

Something better than my usual stuff regarding Paul Giamatti.

It's not easy for Paul to look dead-sexy all the time...or ever.
ZING!


Anyway, I did get drenched and sweaty for a reason and that was the Rock n Run 5K in Clark, NJ as part of the Union County Music Festival. The 5K was to support the Love Hope Strength Foundation which raises funds to purchase medical equipment and supplies, raise awareness through special events, documentaries and media, build cancer centers and find bone marrow donors. Definitely a noble cause which always needs more attention. I even registered to donate bone marrow via the Be the Match Foundation. I watched Seven Pounds earlier that week as well. There was no way I couldn't register after all that. You should register, too.

Regardless of my willingness to donate essential tissue, it was still a rainy Saturday morning which has been a common event this past summer. I dragged CP out of bed and forced her to navigate me to Oak Ridge Park.

Thank goodness CP is a good sport because we got there an hour earlier than needed. I swear the brochure said the race started at 8. CP really has to be to let me drag her to all of these random places and take pictures of me. Once the hour had passed the runners took their place at the starting line and the race was underway.

About 27 minutes later, I finished.

There is not much to say about the intervening time. Oak Ridge Park used to be a golf course. We zigged and zagged along what used to be the cart path. I ran the first 2 miles in a little over 16 minutes which is pretty fast for me. My final time was about 25s off my personal best also known as fast enough to pwn Paul Giamatti.

P.S. I let that girl in the red shirt pass me.

1 comments:

Nomad said...

it is hard to look sexy all the time... i feel your pain.