Sunday, January 27, 2013

52 Weeks, 52 Races - Race 3: 30th Annual FARC Winter Race Series 5K #3

This is becoming a common sight on Sunday mornings in 2013.
Go Indians!
My Waynesboro Football shirt soaked in sweat with a racing bib pinned to the front of it.  This photo was after Race 3 of 52: FARC NJ Winter Race Series #3.  I ran the first race but missed the second one because I overslept. 


Let me tell you, the Turning Point is definitely worth missing a 5K or two.  I had the Big Easy Benny - Eggs Benedict with a spicy New Orleans twist over cornbread instead of an English Muffin.  It's probably the exact opposite of a 5K or any other kind of physical activity.  If you need a delicious breakfast in New Jersey, you should visit one of the Turning Point's multiple locations.  I just wouldn't make a habit of it or you'll weight 300 lbs.  

With that thought, back to running...

PoMiFoS Race 3 got bumped back a week  from  FARC NJ Winter Race Series #2 to FARC NJ Winter Race Series #3.  The day of Race 3 was a beautiful, warm and sunny January day with a high in the 50s.  It was the nicest day of the year and the run was much more crowded than the previous race I attended.  And resplendent in a bright, yellow t-shirt was the man quickly becoming my nemesis...  
Say your prayers and take your vitamins!
And the race was on...
And that son of a bitch beat me again!  He was definitely having an off day because I swear to God I saw him walk at one point but he was not off enough for me to beat him.  This 'rivalry' is becoming decidedly one-sided.  Maybe he is saying his prayers and taking his vitamins better than me.  Maybe I'm just slow.  Whatever the cause, he's beaten me all 3 runs this year.
At least I have 3 done!
I only have 49 to go!
Sunday will be frigid...
Race 4 may be much more difficult...

0 comments: