Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Vermont

As we near the end of year 27 of the age of Kyle, my burning ambition to visit all 50 states before I reach 3 decades continues to push the mileage on my odometer of the Kyle-mobile to new lengths. Following this past weekend's trip to Vermont I am closing in on 15,000 miles in approximately 6 months. Good thing I did not lease.
Since pictures speak 1000 words and I am putting 2 in this post, I will keep this brief. I visited Vermont thanks to my co-worker Kate (not pictured) along with another co-worker, Gabe (pictured). We were fortunate enough to have a free place to stay so long as we helped stack wood on Saturday morning.

That afternoon we hiked up to the top of Mt. Abraham.

Following our hike we enjoyed some beer and the next day we visited the source of the beer, Otter Creek Brewery
Then I drove us all back home. That was how I crossed Vermont, state # 26 of the list, and got myself past the halfway mark!

0 comments: