Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween - Greenwich Village - New York, New York

Paul Bunyan and Babe were walking through the Village.
No, really...

It may sound like the punchline from some American folklore joke, but you can clearly see it happened.  CP, pictured above as Babe the Sexy Blue Ox, and I, dressed up as Paul Bunyan, spent Halloween in Greenwich Village.  Our original plan was to watch the Greenwich Village Halloween parade, but apparently that was also the plan of about 2,000,000 other people.  Since we were a little late, we headed to a bar to enjoy some beverages and watch Game 3 of the World Series.
Yes, I know I had a Phillies hat on.
Yes, I know I was in New York City.
Yes, I know the Yankees won that game and the World Series.
Baseball and the soulless Yankees and their soulless fans aside, I had been growing my lumberjack beard for approximately 1 month.  CP, being the resourceful young lady she is, decided that she would put the beard to good use since it really did nothing but scratch her.  It obviously did not complete it's original purpose of helping the Fightin's win a second World Series in a row.  Unfortunately, the Phillies were not World Phucking Champions for a second time.  I did have a killer beard to look like Paul Bunyan though.


My beard and the Phillies aside, the Village was full of characters that night.
Joining me in the cavalcade of facial hair was Gabe as Magnum PI.
I have trouble telling these two apart...

He's the captain of our Movember team, helping to kick the crap out of prostate cancer!
And he's still single ladies!
Speaking of eligible bachelors, Dr. Pepper was on the loose as well.


Trust him, he's a doctor.  No, really, he is a doctor, just not the kind that deals with patients.
 
Better hurry ladies, the doctor is in high demand.
Finally, for the dudes, what is always really on our minds was running around too.
 
Not many people consider how attractive they are up close and personal.

Happy Halloween!
P.S. Thanks to my facebook friends who took these photos and posted them online allowing me to steal them for my blog.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Nice blogsite, man! Love the pictures, except the one with the Phillies hat. Without going into much detail, let me just say . . .

BALLGAME OVER! WORLD SERIES OVER! YANKEES WIN! THEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN!

Seriously though, cool pics.

yellaphant said...

I was ALSO in Manhattan on Halloween and I wrote my Phillies hat to watch the marathon the next morning while I chugged coffee and nursed a hangover and tried to get myself pumped up to run the Philly marathon but all I really saw were faces filled with pain and it was not what I'd call an emotionally productive day. So yea.