Monday, August 16, 2010

Winterset, Iowa - State No. 39

Howdy, Pilgrim.

Seriously, can you get more bad-ass than R. Lee Ermey and John Wayne in one commercial?  Even if it is for Coors Light. I say no.
But I digress.
Did you know The Duke was born in Winterset, Iowa?
Until Saturday, neither did I.  Then I went to Iowa.

They even have a statue of him in the middle of town.
It's interesting to note that Winterset is in Madison County of Iowa which is more well known for its covered bridges.  Like the one below in Winterset City Park.
 
If you did not already know, Clint Eastwood starred in the movie adaptation of the Bridges of Madison County.  It's unlikely that I'll ever be putting said movie on my Blockebuster queue, it's interesting they never appeared in a movie together but Clint made a chick flick near the Duke's birthplace.

0 comments: