Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Team Challenge Fundraiser - The Waiting Room - Rahway, NJ

In case you missed it, I have been known to run a race or two. I have also been known to do stupid things to raise money for a good cause. With the help of the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America, I get to combine those in Team Challenge. Team Challenge, like Team in Training, combines training for an endurance event with fundraising for a cause. I chose Team Challenge since my mom has suffered from ulcerative colitis for the past 20 years. You can read more about that here.
To help raise the money, three of my teammates and I held a fundraising even at the world famous Waiting Room in Rahway, NJ. A bar featured once before on Pics of Me in Front of Stuff was gracious enough to host our fundraiser.
Essentially, we raffled off several prize baskets raffled that had been donated by local businesses. Luckily, many of our friends and co-workers came out to support us for the evening. It is pretty easy to support your friends by eating, drinking, and being merry.

One of the big events of the night was the pushup challenge between Kate 'Flex' Vogel and me, using the name Beefsteak.
I will leave it to you to imagine the outcome!

0 comments: