Sunday, January 9, 2011

What's happening in 2011?

A New Year is upon us and has been upon for damn near 10 days now.  I'm sure PoMiFoS readers, all 3 of you, have been chomping at the bit as to what's been going on in the Official Universe of PoMiFoS.  Well, it's 2011 here too and it's about time I extract my head from my ass and share.  Isn't what a whole blogs about? Creating a little universe that revolves around you and occasionally amuses your friends and/or people searching for pics of vaginas?

So here's 11 things I'm going to accomplish in 2011:
1. Run 1000 miles.  Is that what PoMiFoS is all about?  No, if you've seen the posts regarding me running you would know I'm not real good at it.  Still, if I can average about 2.76 miles per day.

It's not quite the moon, but it's a start.
2. At least 53 posts this year.  That's more than one per week.  Look out for Sundays especially now that the Eagles went and lost to the stupid Packers.

3. Visit those last 9 states.  I have until Thanksgiving.  Better start cracking on figuring what to do in NE and KS.
4. Figure out what's after the 50 states.  MLB baseball stadiums? Continents? US Territories?  Europe?  Wife and kids?  What's Next?
5. Nanowrimo - It's nothing new to everyone else, but in November it will be new to me.  Why not crank out 50,00 words in a month?
6. Read 13 books - I'm not sure if that is a lot. On Writing by Stephen King says to be a better writer you need to be an avid reader.  Avid to me is a little but more than one book per month.  I won't try and tackle War and Peace in a month.  That is partially because I already listened to the audio book and I have no urge to actually try and read that monster and partially because that is far too much to expect to read in a month.
7. Write Everyday - Dear PoMiFoS reader, you will not be subjected to all of it.  Some of it may end up on Twitter and I feel a fair portion will end up on here, but some may just end up in my log.  It's not a diary, it's a log damnit.  No, I'm not a hipster because I have a moleskin dia....log.  I'm going to do some writing.
8. Take at least 1 photo per week - I got a fancy new camera, a new lens, and a phone with a camera attached.  I'm going to take some damn photos.  I think I read something about that on how to be interesting.  I have no idea who Russell Davies is but he must be interesting.
9. Stop yelling at the TV for sports - ESPN and its excessive self-importance is really sucking the fun out of sports for me.  Remember when high school football was not on national television?  Do we really need Merrill Hoge and his 15 button suits and oversized tie knot?  Remember when 9/11 happened and we realized that sports is not war and nowhere near as important as life and death?  I think in the ten years that have passed we forgot some of those lessons.  Sports used to be fun, I am not sure they are anymore and I want them to be fun not something to be angry about.  However, my bathroom will continue to be adorned with Eagles paraphenalia.  I have no interest in looking for a new shower curtain or rugs.
10. Try one new recipe per month - I gotta eat.
11. Think up the eleventh thing to put on this list - I thought 11 in 2011 had a nice ring to it.  I clearly ran out of steam after 9.  I'm open to suggestions!

0 comments: