Saturday, November 1, 2008

World Champions...World Fucking Champions!!!



That's what Chase Utley said at the ceremony following the parade or as ESPN puts it 'Second baseman Chase Utley approached the microphone and proclaimed, "World champions!" Then he repeated the phrase, with a profanity between "world" and "champions," drawing cheers for minutes.'

I was there.

I had missed out on being present for the conclusion of Game 5 on a mere coin flip, but ever since the Eagles had made the Super Bowl almost 4 years ago I had promised myself I would see a championship parade in Philadelphia...if there ever was one. I found myself among the hundreds of thousands of people along the parade route in Philadelphia leading to the sports complex.


Unfortunately, those throngs of spectators also had to leave Philadelphia and I was stuck in city of Brotherly Love until well into the evening. SEPTA, you suck! Though I missed Halloween, it was well worth it because who knows when an event like this will ever happen again! Also, I sat in between the Joker and Minnie Mouse, both protrayed by dudes, at the 30th Street Station bar in Philly. That was enough Halloween for me!

Go Phils!

0 comments: