Friday, January 2, 2009

MOTHER!!! - Ashland, PA



Mother's Day is always the second Sunday in May. However, some people, like Danzig, like to celebrate mothers everyday. Another famous supposed momma's boy was James Whistler who painted Arrangement in Grey and Black: The Artist's Mother also known colloquially as Whistler's Mother. According to Wikipedia, the official internet research source of http://www.picsofmeinfrontofstuff.blogspot.com/, Whistler's actual levels of affection for his mother remain unknown. The image of a seated Anna Whistler has become an icon for motherhood and affection for one's mother. No where within driving distance of my childhood home is this icon more on display than in Ashland, Pennsylvania affectionately known as The Mom-ument.




Considering I had almost two weeks off from work and little to do while staying in Pennsylvania for the holidays, is there any doubt I would soon have a picture of me standing in front of this statue? If you are unsure of the answer to that question you clearly have not been paying attention during the brief existence of picsofmeinfrontofstuff.blogspot.com.


Not only was I drawn to the unique statue, but you could call me a bit of a momma's boy, too. How could I resist such an opportunity?

0 comments: