Monday, January 12, 2009

New York Public Library - NYC

Though it may not always appear that way, I can read. Picsofmeinfrontofstuff.blogspot.com may sometimes seem like we gave 10 monkeys 10 typewriters to pound on for 10 years to pop this blog out. Ten is a fair estimate since supposedly it would take one million monkeys one million typewriters to crank out some Shakespeare and I am not Billy Shakespeare.


“We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true."

–Robert Wilensky


But if I could write and not read this blog would be a statistical anomaly that may or may not squish the universe into a singularity. Fortunately, nothing is squished yet. I am literate, I enjoy books, even those without pictures, and I found myself wandering around New York City near the New York Public Library. Most well known, at least to me, for the opening sequence in Ghostbusters the library also has lots of books. Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of the books or me pretending to read the books or perusing the books to look a little smarter. Poor choice on my part.


The New York Public Library is huge. Most of it appears to be a huge tourist attraction though there are some areas focused on research and reference. Also, George Washington's protrait is on the wall. I could not find the children's section, young adults section, or books on tape. No ghosts jumped out at me. Overall, it was just a big old building.


I do not have much more to say about it except look at me in front of it!

0 comments: