Monday, October 25, 2010

2010 Playoff Beard Watch - Beard-pocalypse

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and little children shout;
But there is no joy in Philly — Ryan Howard watched the last strike fly by him in the bottom of the 9th inning of Game 6 of the NLCS.
And that's the last playoff beard update you'll see in 2010.  Despite Roy Halladay outpitching Tim Lincecum in Game 5, the Phillies season ends in disappointment.  I watched the game in Louisville, KY with some Phillies Phans who just happened to wander into the same sports bar (Champions) as me.  A number of large glasses of the Bluegrass Brewing Company Brown Ale helped to dull the pain, but I know when I get back to Pics of Me in Front of Stuff Manor, the beard, at least most of it, will be gone.  I was hoping to parlay the abundance of facial hair into another Halloween costume. 
I was thinking something along these lines.
Alas, my beard was never meant to last that long.  Just like the Cubs always say, we'll get em' next year!

0 comments: