Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Phucked up in Philadelphia

Something you should probably know: Fear itself is afraid of Cole Hamels.[1]

The only good thing I can say about Saturday night was Cole Hamels pitched and the Phillies won and continued to win until they were tied with the Brewers atop the NL East standings. A feat initially deemed as unlikely by me and many fellow Phillies' fans has now come to futition – the Phils have tied the Milwaukee Brewers for the final spot in the playoffs. The Phils are also only a half behind the New York Mets and should the Mets struggle against the Washington Nationals, the Phils could take the lead in the NL East and embarrass the Mets…again.

But really, I did not choose picsofmeinfrontofstuff.blogspot.com to talk about the Phillies, I do that enough on myspace. This blog is about my misadventures throughout New Jersey and the rest of the world. Unfortunately, the last misadventure was a lot more MIS than adventure and so I will not go into explicit details as to the stupid things that may have gone on (read: stupid shit I did). To put it bluntly, I am normally the responsible one and I was not on Saturday. To my friends who were unfortunate enough to deal with that, I am sorry. Let's file this one under F for Fucked Up.

As for the famous or ridiculous, here's a picture of me with Ben, one of the poor souls who ventured down the unfortunate path of Saturday night, and the owner of the bar, Glam, in which our night went from mild fun to wild, blurry nightmare.

Note to self, though the drinks are free this does not mean I need to keep drinking them. That is probably the important lesson learned from that evening. That is going to be a mistake I do not plan on making again.

[1] Cole Hamels Fact No 10. Cole Hamels Facts.com

0 comments: